Poetical Quill Souls

Poetical Quill Souls

This blog contains a collection of renowned and young authors from around the world poems in the languages in which they were originally written. Each file includes author’s photo or portrait and brief biography. We offer news and announcements of interest to professional and amateur writers (writing competitions, poetry press, etc) too.

Este blog recoge una selección de poemas de reputados autores y jóvenes promesas de todo el mundo en las lenguas en las que fueron escritos originalmente. Se incluye en cada ficha una breve reseña biográfica del autor y fotos o cuadros de éste. Se complementa el grueso del material con datos de interés para escritores profesionales o aficionados a la literatura (como información sobre certámenes literarios, editoriales dedicadas a la poesía, etc).

Walt Disney

Walt Disney
A magic kingdom

I don't know if you'll believe
I met a Princess today
And was greeted in her castle
In a most royal way

Yes I met a real Princess
Who stooped to welcome me
And inside her royal castle
I met another three

There were towers that had banners
Stained glass windows in the wall
And the sparkling lights of magic
In the royal banquet hall

A fairy flew from somewhere
And she waved her magic wand
Then she blessed me with a smile
That became our special bond

My greatest wish was granted
And a star thats only mine
In that land of deep enchantment
Where the brightest wonders shine

I became a royal princess
At that magic coronation
And was gifted with enchantment
In a regal celebration

For a princess is a princess
When she is one in her heart
When becoming a true princess
Inner beauty's where you start

I can take you to my castle
In a land of mystery
If you have the childlike virtue
Of believing what you see

If you know that there is wonder
And perceive the majesty
Of a child's imagination
It will set your spirit free

Whisk away then to that place
Where, as a child, I flew
There all your dreams are living
And wishes all come true


Walter Elias Disney, conocido como Walt Disney (Chicago, Illinois, EE UU, 1901 - Burbank, California, 1966). Productor, director, guionista y animador.