Poetical Quill Souls

Poetical Quill Souls

This blog contains a collection of renowned and young authors from around the world poems in the languages in which they were originally written. Each file includes author’s photo or portrait and brief biography. We offer news and announcements of interest to professional and amateur writers (writing competitions, poetry press, etc) too.

Este blog recoge una selección de poemas de reputados autores y jóvenes promesas de todo el mundo en las lenguas en las que fueron escritos originalmente. Se incluye en cada ficha una breve reseña biográfica del autor y fotos o cuadros de éste. Se complementa el grueso del material con datos de interés para escritores profesionales o aficionados a la literatura (como información sobre certámenes literarios, editoriales dedicadas a la poesía, etc).

Jessica Care Moore

Mirrors

am I still woman with one breast gone?
hanging around one man too long
legs give into knees I can't locate
was it my spirit you ate when I cooked you dinner?
I try angles
still the mirror is always square
stare cross-eyed
so sometimes I can see two of me
laughing at myself
crying for no one else

I am looking for the man in me

trying to figure out why that second syllable
was attached to my
womb and

Today my body has no room for visitors, freeloaders or lovers
my frame holds fingerprints from being moved
hanged on nails
displayed on white walls for decoration
I see you looking in me trying to find sanity in vanity
while combing through your hair
I break in pieces just to fuck with you
I break in pieces just to fuck with you
so you will think of me for seven more years
even if you're not


good looking

Today I pressed my one breast against the glass/cut off one arm/
took off my left foot/bit off my one good bottom lip and
kissed myself the way you did
when I was considered woman
barer of children and water
my blood no longer colors the moon
no sperm will find a name
and I notice how woman it must be
to feel
just like a man


Jessica Care Moore ( Detroit, EE UU, 1971). Poeta, editora y cantante.